Expressions of Interest - Canteen Co-ordinator(s)
Our Club is open to all proposals. Payment is negotiable and dependent upon experience. If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity or should you wish to discuss it further, please contact Matt Pietsch, mobile: 0432 691 723 or email@example.com
The objectives of the Canteen Coordinator(s) are:
- The profitable management and operation of the football club canteen according to the policies and procedures of the Ashburton United Junior Football Club.
- Support the development of strong relationships within the club community in particular with the players, parents and football officials.
The management of the weekly operations of the club canteen during the football season, including:
- Planning, organising, and monitoring the weekly operations of the canteen, including the rostering of volunteers, daily record-keeping, opening and closing the canteen, preparation and cooking for service.
- Providing support to canteen volunteers to ensure the delivery of an affordable and friendly food service to the football club community.
- Ordering, purchasing and checking all supplies against invoices and delivery dockets.
- Use food preparation and food handling skills to minimise waste.
- Training volunteers in food preparation and other procedures to deliver an affordable food service to the football club community.
- Ensuring that the products and services supplied by the canteen are marketed and promoted to generate a high level of sales.
- Ensuring that food products prices are monitored and value for money is considered.
- Counting, recording and reconciling the daily takings according to club procedures.
- Ensure that stock is kept at appropriate levels and a stock take is undertaken at the end of each month.
- Ensure that correct food handling and hygiene practices are performed to prevent food spoilage, contamination and subsequent food poisoning.
- Ensuring all canteen workers, including volunteers, are familiar with correct food handling and hygiene practices in line with relevant legislation.
- Security in the canteen such as money, keys, locking all doors and windows, switching off all appliances (except refrigeration units) and restricting entry to the canteen to only those who are authorised to be there.
- Ensuring that the cleaning incidental to the main function of the canteen is carried out daily (e.g. dusting of shelves and stock, wiping down benches, cleaning of all equipment and fixtures).
- Ensuring a pleasant working environment for all volunteers.
- Ensuring that customers are treated with respect and a friendly manner.
- Ensuring the correct use of the POS and EFTPOS systems
- Preference is to have a food license already however if not, access to food preparation training will be provided
- The canteen co-ordinator will be responsible for managing operations across:
- All game days in the season (April through to August) on Sunday’s (7:30am – 5:30pm)
- Assistance at club night would be appreciated, however not mandatory. Club nights are held on either a Friday night (6pm - 10pm) or Sunday nights (6pm – 8pm). Please refer to the club’s social calendar at http://www.ashyredbacks.org.au/new-events/
The location for the work will be:
282 Warrigal Road
Burwood VIC 3125
Liaises with the Club Operations and Finance Portfolio personnel