The 2018 Committee
We are pleased to have a dedicated team of volunteers who have committed to making the club as strong as it can possibly be for the betterment of the children. We hold ourselves to high levels of expectation and are accountable to the club in everything we do.
As a committee we adhere to five key principles:
- Growth of the children. Our children, both male and female, will have the best opportunity to learn new skills, play the game, build friendships, and develop a strong sense of teamwork whilst having fun and enjoying the game.
- Supportive environment. The coaches, administration and volunteers will all be respected for the time and effort that they donate toward making the club what it is. All possible efforts will be channelled into supporting this group as the catalyst for the club's success.
- Efficient club. The club will be run to benefit the children and maximise the available facilities. Sound governance will be applied across financial, operational, process and all people involved.
- Transparency and respect. Everyone within the club, opposition players, umpires or visitors to the club will be held to the highest values of respect and courtesy when at or dealing with the Redbacks. Transparency will be a key philosophy within the club from the committee down into each team.
- Culture. We will encourage a strong sense of club and community spirit in everything we do.
Please feel free to reach out to our committee if you have any questions or would like to get involved in supporting the club. We are always looking for new committee members that are passionate about making a difference at the Ashy Redbacks.
Ph: 0405 421 323
Steve has been part of Ashy Redbacks since 2014. As a Coach of U8, and prior at Burwood AusKick, Steve was appointed Vice President of the Committee in 2016 and he became President in 2017. He has two sons, Rylan (U12) and Taylor (U11). Steve's wife Anna has been managing Marketing, Communications & Sponsorship for the Club in recent years, so the Redbacks are front in centre in their family. Luckily, they all love footy.
Richard has been a part of Ashy Redbacks since 2012. During that time he has held the roles of Team Manager and Auskick Coach. Richard joined the Committee in 2014 and he has held the role of Vice President since 2016. He has three sons, Tom, Kurt (U11) and Leo (U9) who all love their sport, and Richard's wife Barb is also a great support to the club on the sidelines.
Head of Coaching
Harmit has joined us to help steer the development, training and mentoring of our coaches and equip them with modern coaching methods and frameworks to ensure we can get the best out of every player that takes to the field. Harmit will play a key role in our Footy Department and will help to set a blueprint of how we coach across the club from Under 8 to Colts and Youth Girls.
Ash joined the Ashy Redbacks and the Committee in 2015. Since 2016, Ash has been transforming the Club's social calendar and hosts events for players and families to come together. Ash has a son, Tyson (U11) and a daughter Chloe (who loves coming along to Club Nights)!
Social and Player Welfare (Leadership Development)
Andrew joined the Ashy Redbacks in 2016. He's passionate about the benefits of junior sport for all children and he joined the committee to work on Club Social Events and Player Welfare. Andrew has three children, Mason, Logan (U11) and Jackson (Auskick), as well as two step children, Zachary (U8) & Indiah (Auskick). With his partner, Julia, involved in both Ashy and Auskick and Andrew involved in Ashy - it's lucky they're a family that loves footy!
Club Manager & Secretary
Hugh presents with degree qualifications in Bachelor of Business (Sports Management) and is passionate about all types of sport, particularly, AFL. He currently works with AFL Victoria and Hawthorn FC as well as in the area of event management in the sports industry. Hugh has enjoyed playing footy for his local club in Leongatha for ten years before moving to Melbourne to further his career. As an accredited AFL coach (Level 1), Hugh brings hands on experience about game day management and administration.
Brendan joined the Committee in 2016 and prior, he was the Auskick Coordinator at Watson's Park for many years. Brendan devotes countless hours to his role as registrar, as well as being the club liaison for all three Auskick centres. Brendan's passionate about all sports and is actively involved in local cricket, basketball and footy clubs. He has a daughter Jade and Rick (U11).
Kate has been involved with Ashy Redbacks as a parent since 2013. For the past three years, Kate has been super busy behind the scenes as a Team Manager and she joined the Committee in 2017 to assist with Girls Footy and Player Welfare. Kate has three children, Jack, Sarah (Youth Girls) and Tom (U13).
Team Manager Liaison
Mel has been part of the Ashy Redbacks since 2013 as a parent and in 2016, she stepped into the position of Team Manager. Mel has been an integral part of the Committee since she joined and has worked tirelessly on ensuring that Team Managers have everything they need to help coordinate their teams each week. Mel has a daughter, Kiera, and two sons, Keegan (Colts) & Kade (U11)