The 2017 Committee
We are pleased to have a dedicated team of volunteers who have committed to making the club as strong as it can possibly be for the betterment of the children. We hold ourselves to high levels of expectation and are accountable to the club in everything we do.
As a committee we adhere to 5 key principles:
- Growth of the children. Our children, both male and female, will have the best opportunity to learn new skills, play the game, build friendships, and develop a strong sense of teamwork whilst having fun and enjoying the game.
- Supportive environment. The coaches, administration and volunteers will all be respected for the time and effort that they donate toward making the club what it is. All possible efforts will be channelled into supporting this group as the catalyst for the club's success.
- Efficient club. The club will be run to benefit the children and maximise the available facilities. Sound governance will be applied across financial, operational, process and all people involved.
- Transparency and respect. Everyone within the club, opposition players, umpires or visitors to the club will be held to the highest values of respect and courtesy when at or dealing with the Redbacks. Transparency will be a key philosophy within the club from the committee down into each team.
- Culture. We will encourage a strong sense of club and community spirit in everything we do.
Please feel free to reach out to our committee if you have any questions or would like to get involved in supporting the club. We are always looking for new committee members that are passionate about making a difference at the Ashy Redbacks.
Ph: 0405 421 323
Steve has been part of Ashy Redbacks since 2014. As a Coach of U8, and prior at Burwood AusKick, Steve was appointed Vice President of the Committee in 2016 and he is currently President. He has two sons, Rylan (U11) and Taylor (U10). Steve's wife Anna has also been on the Committee since 2015 so the Redbacks are front in centre in their family. Luckily, they all love footy.
Nick has been involved with Ashy Redbacks since 2013. Since that time, he has volunteered as a Coach for three seasons. Nick joined the Committee in 2016 as Treasurer and he holds this role today. He has three sons, Finn (U12), Oliver (U10) and Max (Auskick).
General Committee & Club Operations
Richard has been a part of Ashy Redbacks since 2012. During that time he has held the roles of Team Manager and Auskick Coach. Richard joined the Committee in 2014 and he is currently Vice President. He has three sons, Tom (U13), Kurt (U10) and Leo (U8). Richard's wife Barb has also managed the Ashy Ball for the past few years and is now assisting with Team Photos - it's a great family affair!
Marketing & Communications
Anna has been a part of Ashy Redbacks since 2014. She joined the Committee in 2015 as a general committee member. Since 2016 she has been working on re-invigorating communications across the Club (amongst other things!). Anna has two sons, Rylan (U11) and Taylor (U10).
Ashley became a part of Ashy Redbacks in 2015 and he joined the Committee as a first year parent. Since 2016, Ash has been transforming the Club's social calendar and he is continuing to direct the fun this year. Ash has a son, Tyson (U10) and a daughter Chloe (who is yet to register for Auskick but loves coming along to Club Nights)!
Club Manager & Secretary
Hugh presents with degree qualifications in Bachelor of Business (Sports Management) and is passionate about all types of sport, particularly, AFL. He currently works with AFL Victoria and Hawthorn FC as well as in the area of event management in the sports industry. Hugh has enjoyed playing footy for his local club in Leongatha for ten years before moving to Melbourne to further his career. As an accredited AFL coach (Level 1), Hugh brings hands on experience about game day management and administration.
Brendan has been the Auskick Coordinator at Watson's Park for many years and he has now traded that in to join the Ashy Redbacks Committee. Brendan works tirelessly as registrar and we hope that by the time Rick runs out on the field (U10), he can take a breather!
Girls Footy Liaison & Sponsorship
Kate has been involved with Ashy Redbacks as a parent since 2013. Kate has been super busy on the ground and behind the scenes as a Team Manager (this is her third season for the now U16 Girls) and she joined the Committee in 2017. Kate has three children, Jack, Sarah (U16) and Tom (U12).
Merchandise & Procurement
Craig joined Ashy Redbacks in 2016 and he became a Committee Member as a first year parent and he joined the Social team to work with Ash Fernee in managing club events, such as the Ashy Ball. Craig has a son, James (U9) and two daughters, Sarah and Emma.
Team Manager Liaison & Governance
Mel has been part of the Ashy Redbacks since 2013 as a parent and in 2016, she stepped into the position of Team Manager. Mel has been an integral part of the Committee since she joined and has worked tirelessly on ensuring that Team Managers have everything they need to help coordinate their teams each week. Mel has a daughter, Kiera, and two sons, Keegan (U15) & Kade (U10)