There is a wealth of information available within the resource centre provided both via the Ashy Redbacks, and also from our league associations & the AFL.
- Games played by each club player as at 20th June 2016
- Yarra League Fixtures & Results
- Registration via the Sporting Pulse website
- Ashy Redbacks grading policy
- View our Care Monkey Risk Management process
- Junior Matchday Guidelines for 2016 - the rules that the U8's, U9's and U10's will play by this year.
Injuries are a part of playing a contact sport. That said, we aim to minimise the likelihood of these and protect all players as best we can. Each team has a qualified first aid representative and the club provides additional medical support each game day.
In the event of a player receiving an injury, there are some good reference guides below to help with a first response.
- AFL Community Club - Injuries
- View for information on concussion management
- View the clubs Platinum level Personal Injury Insurance cover
- How To Manage Your Injury - The best way to prevent more damage is by following the RICE and no HARM regime which should be commenced immediately where possible
- For any Physiotherapy, Sports Physiotherapy and Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy treatment visit www.physioworkscamberwell.com.au or call the team on 03 9889 6611
We are always on the look out for people who want to coach, assit in coaching, be a team manager, a runner, trainer, or oversee the first aid for our teams. If you'd like to get involved please reach out to our Footy Operations team.
Teaching the skills, tactics and strategies of Australian Football is a rewarding experience. The quality of coaching is one of the primary reasons why players either continue to participate in Australian Football or give up the game. The coach has significantly more influence upon players than any other official or person connected with football.
All coaches need to be accredited. The first step is to find out when accreditation courses are taking place in your region and enrol. Typically new coaches start with AusKick or a junior team whilst they continue to develop their coaching philosophy and build on their coaching skills. Senior coaching positions tend to be advertised through local league website, newspapers, football records and other media.
Game Day Roles & Responsiblities
The following roles are crucial for a successfully run game day. People who are operating in these roles should make themselves familiar with their responsibilities prior to turning up on the day.
If you have a milestone game coming up, this is one way of making a banner.
Before you begin, decide the wording you want for your banner, we recommend that you do not use long words like Congratulations as they don’t fit well on the banner.
Purchase: 2 packets of green crepe paper, 2 packets of red crepe paper, one packet of white A4 paper (for the letters), glue to stick crepe together and letters to the crepe.
Prepare the lettering
1. Download this Milestone Games Banner Template
2. Amend the letters in the attached Word document to the lettering you require (Hold mouse over a letter and right mouse click > select Edit text > enter the required letter or number, repeat for each letter until you have the wording you require, add or delete letters as required)
3. Print the finished Word document on the white A4 paper (you will have a letter to a page)
4. Cut the lettering out
5. Glue your 4 packets of crepe paper together horizontally
6. Glue the lettering onto your crepe paper
7. Once dry, attach banner to poles with strong tape (try timber poles) and check if the Committee has some available from past banners before buying them
NOTE: We recommend that you do not use heavy or thick tape to stick the crepe together as the players often cannot run through it - not the best image to capture on photo!
Don't forget to capture the players running through the banners - we love to celebrate these amazing achievements! Simply email photos through to email@example.com
Celebrating Milestone Games
Bernie Casey - Complete Displays M: 0418 998 848 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernie also supplies stress free banner making services to help you prepare for your milestone game. Here are some other cost effective options:
OPTION 1 - KIT ONLY
- 1 player - $ 60.00 - artwork supplied
- 2 player - $ 70.00 - artwork supplied
- 3 player (maximum) - $ 80.00 - artwork not supplied
Price includes all items to assemble and delivery. Individual letters are supplied but NOT cut out.
OPTION 2 - ASSEMBLY
Full assembly including cutting out of letters is an additional $60.00 ( for 1 - 3 names ). You would simply need to unpack the parcel and up the banner goes!
Note: Banners are approx 4200 mm wide x 2200 mm high in size. All orders must be made by the Monday prior to game day.