Personal identification information
Personal information is any information which identifies an individual and information from which an individual’s identity can be reasonably ascertained. For example, your name, date-of-birth, nationality or heritage, home address and telephone number are personal information.
Personal information also includes "health information", which means information, or an opinion about the health or a disability of an individual, or individual's wishes about the provision of health services.
We may collect personal identification information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, filling out a form in person or online, when visiting our Site, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. AUJFC may not be able to provide some or all services to you, unless the organisation is provided with the personal information requested.
All information collected by AUJFC will be used only for the primary purpose intended, i.e. to allow children and young people to register as players for AUJC teams, to understand any medical requirements, gather parent contact information and parent consent.
Personal information collected will be stored confidentially unless disclosure is required by law.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. AUJFC does not collect personal information through our website, unless provided by an individual. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
How we use collected information
AUJFC may collect and use information for the following purposes:
- To place children and young people into age and gender appropriate teams
- To ensure coaches and support staff have necessary player health/medical information
- To communicate information such as rosters, schedules, presentations, social events etc.
- To provide player information to emergency services in the event of an incident
- To record and publish player statistics
- To improve customer service - information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently
- To improve our Site - we may use feedback you provide to improve our service offering
- To send periodic emails - we may use the email address to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
AUJFC does not sell, trade, or rent personal identification information to others. AUJFC may need to disclose your personal information if:
- Required or authorised by law or where there is a public duty to do so, in the case of suspected or actual child abuse or other matters of a serious or criminal nature as outlined in the Family Law Act 1975
- An individual has expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances
- Your health is at risk,
- An individual has applied for a position with the organisation and we are required to exchange some or all of your personal information with your referees, police, for purposes relating to considering your application, or
- Personal information assists coaches, team managers or volunteers of AUJFC to undertake their roles within the club
- To communicate to parents
- Where the organisation is otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
Access to and correction of personal information
AUJFC takes all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held is accurate and as up-to-date as is possible.
Individuals can request access to the personal information we hold about them and can ask for corrections to be made. AUJFC will always provide access to any personal information we hold about an individual. Individuals are able to contact AUJFC and ask for corrections if it is felt the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
There are some circumstances in which AUJFC is not required to give access to an individual’s personal information, for example, where giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals, or access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety. If AUJFC refuses to provide access individuals will be provided with an explanation of the reasons, except where it is unreasonable to do so. If AUJFC refuse a request an individual has the right to request that a statement be associated with their personal information noting that they disagree with its accuracy. The organisation will also provide information on how you can complain about the refusal.
Before AUJFC provides access to personal information proof of identity is required. This is to protect the confidentiality of personal information.
Your acceptance of these terms
By registering a child with AUJFC, adding parent contact details and/or signing a consent form or using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
For more information on privacy, visit the following websites:
This document was last updated on January 25th, 2016