Must be appropriately identified in a white official water carrier's top.
- The Water Carrier may not deliver messages to players. Under no circumstances may the water carrier touch or comment to an opposition player or official or the field umpire.
- The water carrier should be aware that players on the interchange bench can hear all comments made by officials.
- If the water carrier reaches an injured player who is on the ground, under no circumstances is the water carrier to move the player or assist the player to his/her feet. Summon the trainer or stop the game. If the player regains his/her feet, it is Club policy to err on the side of caution and remove the player from the field to be assessed.
- At half time, the water carrier should ensure that the water bottles are refilled and taken back to the bench.
- Water carriers should be positioned where the 40/50 metre line intersects the boundary line on the opposite side of the ground to the coaches box
- Water carriers should only enter the field during a suitable break in play (e.g. after a goal is kicked)