Club Coaching Coordinator Role
We are seeking a club coaching coordinator to support and oversee the growth, development, and mentoring of individual coaches and enhance the overall effectiveness of the coaching roster within the club.
Our coaches are key influencers in developing and maintaining our positive club culture. They have a significant impact on the lives of individuals within the club, especially that of the players. All our coaches are AFL Coach Level 1 certified and this position will help them build on that training to maximise their potential in the multi-faceted role they play within the club.
We are looking to appoint a coaching coordinator prior to the end of November so that we are in a position to start the 2018 pre-season with a common framework and structure that can be shared across all of the coaches.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist and support the on-going growth and development of coaches
- To provide necessary and up to date information on current coaching trends, practices and courses to all coaches
- Support coaches so that players will receive the best practice approach to training, skill development and match day environment
- Assist the club to develop processes whereby they can recruit and retain coaches
- Assist coaches to develop processes whereby the club can ensure the enjoyment, development and retention of players year on year
- Ensure all coaches are recognised for their efforts and their commitment to quality coaching practices
- Assist in the development of a club Australian Football development curriculum
- Develop a positive coaching culture.
Specific role requirements:
- Chair the selection panel for club coaches
- Conduct coaching assessments and evaluations of coaches
- Ensure coaches uphold the AFL Coaches Code of Conduct
- Chair club coaches meetings
- Act as a mentor to club coaches
- Attend AFL Vic / YJFL coaching coordinator meetings
- Develop training framework for coaches to follow
- Broadly, the club coaching coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the development and management of the club's coaching program and personnel and also for the promotion of the value of quality coaching within the club.
Qualities of a club coaching coordinator:
- Approachable, friendly and a people focused person
- Proactive and collaborative nature
- Well-developed communication skills especially as an effective listener
- Good questioning skills
- Well organised
- Passion for assisting coaches improve
- Strategic forward thinker as to how we can help develop the club
Prerequisites for appointment as a club coaching coordinator:
- Hold a current AFL Level 2 Coach Accreditation (ideally)
- Completed (or in the process of completing) the Club Coaching Coordinator Course
- Not currently coaching a team (preferable)
- Expectation ~15-20 hrs per week
Remuneration for this appointment will be negotiable with the successful candidate.